|"Mafia look at little child. Mafia see loser."|
The Subcon Well is Act 2 of the third Chapter: Subcon Forest. This is where one first obtains the Hookshot badge. Movement around the level focuses heavily on acquainting the player with how the Hookshot operates, with light usage of Cherry Bombs.
After each mission Hat Kid will write about it in her diary, which can be found in her room under the swimming pool of pillows. The diary will only read the entry for the last act that was completed.
"I thought I saw some weird Tower poking out from between the trees in the gross Swamp, but it turns out it’s a big old Well. The Snatcher told me so!
"At first I thought he was just being nice, telling me neat stuff to look for… but then he told me I’m gonna have to go down there where it’s smelly and dark! Shouldn’t grown-ups usually be keeping kids OUT of wells or something?"
- The music that plays in the Well is named The Subcon Caves.
|Afraid of Water||Don't fall into the rising water in Subcon Well!|
- In the Prototype,the name of this act was "Dweller Drought"
- In the Prototype,This was first act in Subcon Forest
- In the Beta, the name of this act was "Subcon Caves"
- The Soundtrack still uses this name.
- The Subcon Well originally held the entrance to the Pipe Time Rift. The pipe that Hat Kid would enter is still present, but non-functional.