Bow Kid was added in the Co-Op DLC on September 13, 2018. Her name was confirmed by A Hat in Time's Twitter, and in-game when finishing it for the first time: when creating a new save file the option 'Yes, as Bow Kid" will appear if the player has downloaded both the Seal the Deal and Nyakuza Metro DLCs.
Bow Kid appears as a humanoid alien child who has a darker skin tone and deeper brown hair than Hat Kid, as well as having purple eyes. She wears a green button-up coat and white undershirt, a blue skirt, and black boots with blue trim.
Similar to Hat Kid, she is able to wear many kinds of Hats throughout her adventure, though her default hat is her large blue bow, which functions exactly like Hat Kid's large purple Hat. She is able to use any hats that Hat Kid has already unlocked when playing in Co-Op Mode.
Her voice lines are similar to Hat Kid's, using the same lines as her for certain situations but having those lines pitch-shifted downward, giving her a lower tone overall.
Given the way she was implemented to the game, Bow Kid is very similar in terms of personality to Hat Kid, being an often energetic, childish, and sometimes mischievous protagonist.
- When entering a mission with Bow Kid, the mission splash screen will have a small picture of her in the top right corner. Some of these pictures are used in multiple acts while others are used for only one.
- As of the Nyakuza Metro DLC release, players can play through the entire game as Bow Kid. If they have completed the game as Hat Kid and downloaded the Seal The Deal and Nyakuza Metro DLC, they can choose to start a new save file as Bow Kid.
- If the player plays on a Bow Kid save file, all symbols and mentions of Hat Kid will remain. Ex: Intro cutscene with Hat Kid's icon on the screen, every character will refer to her as Hat Kid, etc.
- Bow Kid may be famous in Nyakuza Metro, as there are several small stands that appears to be Bow Kid related magazines, and have her cat emblem on them. This may be some sort of joke or reference to Bow Kid's apparent love of cats.
- In Picture Perfect, whenever a moon penguin takes the player's picture a doodle of Bow Kid will be in the corner if co-op is activated, or if you are playing on a Bow Kid save file.
- When Dead Bird Studio is played through on a Bow Kid save file, the picture Grooves takes will be of Hat Kid, but will appear as Bow Kid on the actual save file icon.
- @HatInTime (25 August 2018) "No one would be more suited to join Hat Kid then.... 🎀 Bow Kid! 🎀" (Tweet) – via Twitter
|Main Characters||Hat Kid • Mustache Girl • Bow Kid|
|Major Characters||The Conductor • DJ Grooves • The Empress • The Snatcher • Walrus Captain|
|Hostile Characters||Enemy • Mafia Boss • Mafia Goons • Queen Vanessa|
|Support Characters||Badge Seller • Cooking Cat • Goofy Mafia • Rumbi|
|Minor Characters||C.A.W Agents • Coffee Clerk • Express Owls • Fat Bird • Fire Spirits • Fish Dude • Goats • Metro Cats • Meowjima • Moon Penguins • Nomad • The Receptionist • Snatcher's Minions • Subcon Dwellers • Tourist • White Seal Crew|