User(s) who happen to break any of the rules stated below will be given the following:
- First break - 2 week block
- Second break - 4 week block
- Third break and on - 2 month block or longer
Special and Critical Rules
- Strictly no discussion about hacks and other content that violates the game's Terms of Service anywhere on the wiki. If seen, will be deleted and an instant permanent ban will be applied.
- Trolls will be permanently blocked.
- Advertising on the wiki in any form (another game, a product, an external website, etc.) is strictly prohibited and will be banned for two weeks. However, you can list your mod in Mods.
- Please do not support any piracy of any game, including A Hat in Time. Anything in support, in help, or related to piracy will be deleted with a warning given.
- Do not create alternate accounts just to avoid the ban. If you're blocked or banned, these decisions are usually final and won't be revoked.
General Rules / Code of Conduct
- Be patient with new users. They may be new to this site and/or game.
- Be nice and respectful to one another. The user(s) will mostly do the same back to you.
- Do not share other's personal information (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) anywhere, including your own.
- Absolutely no witch-hunting (attacking). This is known as a form of harassment that promotes discussion of a person(s) with differing views. This is the same as being disrespectful.
- As far as possible, do not discuss about another game or other stuff that is not related to A Hat in Time.
- As much as possible, please use English on the wiki!
- No spam, vandalism, inappropriate material (NSFW), unnecessary drama, and etc. on the wiki.
- You are responsible for abiding by moderator and staff warnings and infractions against you. Ignoring warnings and/or infractions given to yourself or other forum members can result in further infractions or a ban of your account.
- Supporting users breaking the rules will be punished as well.
Mainspace Page Editing
- Do not insert junk, vandalize, or create non-relevant pages on the wiki.
- Contribute to the best of your ability. Remember, what you post is what the world will see.
- It is understandable that you are not familiar with the wikicoding and formatting of the page. Do not be afraid to contribute, as well as do not be disheartened if an experienced editor happens to correct your edits. However, should there be repeated mistakes despite repeated teachings, we may need to stop you from editing where needed.
- Blank, 1 sentence/word posts will be deleted immediately. Please be unique when using blog posts!
- Do not add any categories on the blog page.
- No uploading of duplicate files.
- To post a video, please use the Video template. Do not upload videos to the wiki.
- Ensure the videos you're going to post are CLEAN.
- You are allowed to upload your own pictures of your choice but only used for your profile page, comments and threads. Unused pictures for 8 hours will be deleted without notice.
- No profanity or inappropriate material on your username or userpage - if username = permanent block, prompted to create a new account with different name, if userpage, repeated posting = 1 week block.
- Inappropriate avatar, bio and/or links will be warned via your Message Wall. You will have 3 days to change it. After 3 days with no changes, you'll be permanently blocked.
- No confusing usernames, usernames that impersonate others, username that is inappropriate, or usernames regarding popular people (e.g. Barack Obama). An instant permanent block will be given, and you'll prompted to create a new account with a different name.
- Do not add categories.
The Admins reserves the right to modify, update or change the terms in A Hat in Time Rules without prior notice or announcement.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.